£90m Surrey golf club fire being investigated


Share this content


Image © Surrey Golf Mag / Twitter

The Beaverbrook Golf Club suffered a massive fire over the weekend. The £90m facility was frequented by several celebrities including past and present England national team footballer Harry Kane and Peter Crouch.

The fire ripped through the facility as emergency services were alerted just before 10pm on Monday night after the fire was discovered. 

Surrey Fire and Rescue Service rushed to the scene but little could be done to save the burning structure or its basement. Investigations are ongoing into what could have sparked the enormous blaze. 

Specialist crew and eight fire engines got to the site within a few just minutes, but personnel working through the night to battle the blaze. Surrey Police said it was informed as a matter of protocol but did not need to attend.

Sources told the Daily Mail that the club house was significantly damaged, however no one was hurt or suffered any casualties. An adjoining hotel, spa, and restaurant remain operational as per normal.

Receive the latest breaking news straight to your inbox