Bureau Veritas is hosting a Fire Safety Awareness Week on 23 – 27 November, packed with initiatives and information relating to our fire safety services for organisations across all sectors.
Although there has been a downwards trend in the number of fires and fire casualties in recent years thanks to improved standards and safety awareness, there remains a risk from fire in UK buildings. Government figures show that there were 318 fire-related fatalities in Great Britain during 2018/19, including 215 deaths in domestic properties.
Our services span Building Control, Fire Engineering, Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Science, working with organisations to reduce risks and provide expert evaluation and management services in the event of fire.
The Fire Safety Awareness Week will include live webinars, new videos, a Q&A session with experts from the Bureau Veritas and a host of information across our website and social to support fire safety. We’ll also be showcasing some of our key projects, working with clients to deliver invaluable fire safety services.
Andy Lowe training and technical director for Bureau Veritas, said: “Fire safety is critical through all stages of building design, construction and operation, and safety awareness is the first step towards reduced risk.”
“We have planned a busy week of activities across webinars, social media and our website, linking back to our extensive range of fire safety services. There will be opportunities to learn from the Bureau Veritas team, ask questions and take in a wealth of advice and information, covering Building Control, Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Science, Fire Engineering and more.”
The Bureau Veritas Fire Safety Awareness Week includes:
- Monday 23 November: Building Regulations day, including Approved Document B fire safety live webinar (register here)
- Tuesday 24 November: Fire Engineering day, including new Behind the Project video
- Wednesday 25 November: Fire Risk Assessment day, details on fire risk assessment safety and compliance and expert insight (register here)
- Thursday 26 November: Fire Science day, including Safety at Christmas video and Fire Science Behind the Project profile
- Friday 27 November: Building Safety Bill day, including Safety Regulator Golden Thread live webinar (register here)
- Friday 27 November: Q&A session with Bureau Veritas experts (register here).