The Tall Building Fire Safety Conference, which typically runs alongside FIREX International at ExCeL London, is moving online. The Tall Building Fire Safety Network, in partnership with Informa Markets, has developed a unique opportunity to learn about key issues and trends from high-level international speakers on an accessible, online platform.
The virtual conference will take place across three days: Wednesday 30 September, Wednesday 7 October and Wednesday 14 October, and will coincide with the release of the Building Safety Bill coming into force in the UK, representing an exclusive opportunity to discuss major issues at the very forefront of the fire safety sector.
As such, attendees will be able to enjoy timely and relevant content delivered by both UK and international experts, with a chance to engage and network via the digital platform’s Q&A feature.
Each day has a unique theme and a different conference chair drawn from the highest level of the fire safety profession:
Wednesday 30 September – Crisis Management in Tall Buildings Conference
- This session considers pandemic, drones and terrorism
- It will be chaired by Andy Baker, QPM, LLB (Hons), AKC and will include preeminent speakers, case studies and threat assessments
- Magda Popescu from Facebook Dublin to discuss crisis management in a high-profile high rise
- Shane McMahon from Horizonscan will explore practical pandemic planning
Wednesday 7 October – International High-Rise Firefighting Conference
- Firefighters from around the world gather to discuss high-rise firefighting techniques and best practice
- The conference will be chaired by Roy Wilsher, OBE QFSM and will include techniques, case studies, innovation and best practice
- International speakers including Mark Reilly, Michael Reick and Brent Brooks providing case studies from Australia, Germany and Canada
Wednesday 14 October – International Construction Fire Safety Conference
- The conference will be chaired by Martin Wilshire and will include expert insights, latest thinking, case studies and networking
- Sandra Tomlinson HSE Inspector discusses what they are looking for in construction sites
- Raymond O’Brocki explores the role of building and fire inspectors during construction from a US perspective
To download the brochures and find out more, visit the FIREX website here.